Level: Barely cooking
Serves 4 people as an app!
- Burrata, at room temp for serving
- 4 Fresh Cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How To Make It
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the basil, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper together until smooth.
- Add in pistachios and blend a little more until pistachios are in small pieces.
- With the food processor or blender still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is completely combined. Pause the food processor or blender and scrape down the sides, then pulse again until the mixture is combined but a little chunky.
- To plate, add a few tablespoons of the pesto to a serving plate, topping with the cherries, and lastly the burrata.
- Hit the top of the burrata with a little extra salt+pepp and enjoy!
The pistachio pesto can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.