Pistachio Cream Pasta
Level: Super Easy
- 1 (1-pound) linguine or your favorite pasta
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 small shallot minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
How To Make It!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add lots of salt (make the water salty like the ocean), then add the pasta.
- In a small skillet, sauté the shallots in butter.
- Once the shallots are soft add the pistachios and sautee for a few minutes until the nuts are toasted.
- Turn the heat to low and add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook your pasta al dente and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Immediately add the drained pasta to the hot saucepan and toss to coat well. Add a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water to moisten the sauce as needed till the pasta is saucyyy n glossy!
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve and enjoy!