Caramelized Onion Dip
Warning: caramelizing onions from scratch takes at least 40 minutes and this dip has to rest at least 2 hours! Plan accordingly.
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How TF to Make It
- Slice onions thinly
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and onions
- Cook until onions are soft and starting to turn translucent, 2–3 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook onions, stirring every few minutes
- Keep doing this for the next 40 minutes until golden. You can stir very occasionally. Yes, this process takes time!
- Let onions cool in the saucepan, then use or transfer to an airtight container and chill.
- Once onions are chill, combine with sour cream, greek yogurt, soy sauce, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper to taste
- Let the dip sit for at least 2 hours! Flavors need to combine and meld trust me you need to do this part!!
- Serve with ruffles (or your favorite potato chip), because ruffles are incredible. (Photographed with ruffles and deep river kettle chips)