Spaghetti With Garlic and Oil
(serves 2-3 as a main dish and 4 as a side dish)
Level: Barely Cooking
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish/if your feeling fancy and Pinteresty
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, then salt it generously.
- Add the pasta and cook, occasionally stirring until al dente ( al dente or nothing!)
- Reserve one cup of the starchy cooking liquid (may seem weird but trust us. It’s the secret to all amazing pasta dishes)
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet and warm over low heat, add the garlic
- Stirring occasionally, until the garlic softens and turns golden
- Drain the pasta and add to the garlic skillet. Turn heat off
- Add ¼ cup of the starchy cooking liquid and constantly stir until a glossy and saucy liquid is created.
- If the pasta is not saucy, add a little more starchy water until you get the desired consistency. Make that pasta shine like hair in a Pantene commercial!
- Plate and garnish with parsley
Have your own tips or comments to share? Post them in the comments section below!