(serves 2-3 as a main dish and 4 as a side dish)
- 3/4 cup of Full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 small shallot, small diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + more for garnishing
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves, finely chiffonaded (a chiffonade is a fancy french word for the way the herbs are cut. you gotta stack the basil leaves, roll them up, and then slice the long ways. here is a youtube video. don’t worry it’s short.)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dry orecchiette (you can really use any short pasta, such as fusilli, or farfalle or whatever you like/have)
How to Make It
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat for cooking the pasta.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add the corn, and shallots. Cook over moderate heat until the corn is crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 cup of cooked corn and leave the rest in the large pot. Place the 1/2 cup of corn on a plate, and place in the fridge for a few minutes to cool.
- Scrape the cooled corn into a food processor. Add the ricotta, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, honey, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and puree until very smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- Return the pasta to the pot with sauteed corn in it. Add the ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup pasta water, the other teaspoon of lemon zest (very important) 1 tablespoon of butter, and the parm cheese. Stir, adding more pasta water as needed, until the sauce is thick and creamy and clings to the pasta.
- Stir in fresh basil. The pasta should be saucy, glossy, and creamy!!
- Taste and season with more black pepper and the Parmmm chez. Enjoy!!