Level: Super Easy
- 2/3 cup panko (breadcrumbs Japanese cousin)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Four 6- to 8-ounce salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and stir until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper for an easy-breezy cleanup.
- Generously brush the top of the fillets with mustard and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each fillet. The mustard will help the panko stick. Pile it on high!
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to broil and let the salmon broil for 2-3 minutes so the panko gets brown and crusty.
- Serve it up, serve it up with lemon slices!