Ingredients (serves 4 as a side dish)
Level: Super Easy
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small Onion medium dice
- 1 clove of Garlic minced
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 2 cups of Chicken stock, veggie stock, or water (use what you have)
- 1 large Bay leaf (adds so so much flavor in the dish- don’t forget!)
- Large handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
How TF To Make It
- Heat a medium saucepan (that has a matching lid handy) over medium-high heat
- Add olive oil and onions.
- Let onions sweat until translucent. Add garlic and let cook an additional 1-2 minutes until it smells amazing!
- Stir in dry rice and toast the rice. The rice should cook until it’s a deep brown toasty color.
- Add in chicken stock, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 bay leaf. Bring to boil.
- Then lower to a simmer, cover, and cook over the lowest heat setting, for 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork, toss in chopped parsley. This is a FIRE side dish!