Level: Super Easy
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or neutral oil (Canola, grapeseed)
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup of full-fat greek yogurt (or whatever kind of greek yogurt you like/have in your house)
- 1 tbsp garam masala (don’t let these unfamiliar spices intimidate you, you got this!)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 lemons
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Metal or soaked bamboo skewers
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced for your fancy-ass garnish
- Peel and finely grate the fresh ginger and garlic into a shallow dish.
- Add the yogurt, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and salt. From a lemon, squeeze 2 tbsp juice into the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cut the chicken into ¾-inch chunks. Add chicken to yogurt mixture, turning to coat. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate 2–4 hours, stirring once halfway through.
- Set the grill to medium.
- Wipe off excess marinade with a paper towel and thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Brush the chicken with oil, and then season chicken with salt and pepper all over.
- Grill chicken 6–7 minutes per side, until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Grill Naan bread a few minutes on each side until warm and slightly charred
- To serve, transfer the grilled chicken and grilled naan to a serving platter.
- Scatter the onion on top.
- Cut up the remaining lemon and squeeze juice over the chicken.
- Serve it up like the gorgeous pic!
Have your own tips or comments to share? Post them in the comments section below. Just kidding, the comments section is strictly for compliments only!