The Most Fire Rugelach
(Makes about 4 dozen)
Level: Weekend Project (the dough has to chill for 1 hour)
For the Dough:
- 1 cup of whipped sweet butter, at room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese (full fat), at room temp
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
For the Filling:
- 1 cup apricot jam or raspberry jam (whichever you prefer!)
- 1 1/2 cup of cinnamon sugar
- 1 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of chopped dried fruit like currants, craisins, raisins, golden raisins, or dried cherries (whichever you prefer or a mix! I like dried cherries+ golden raisins)
How TF To Make em
- In either a stand mixer, hand mixer, or large bowl and whisk, cream butter for 2 minutes (aka beat butter)
- Add cream cheese and beat thoroughly as well for 2 minutes
- Stir in the flour, a little at a time until you can form a ball of dough
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and form each into a ball
- Flatten and roll the balls out into 10″ round between 2 sheets of wax paper. This is a little difficult but try and make it as round as possible and the thickness of the dough as even as possible. If you are having trouble making a circle, use a bowl as a guide and cut around in a circle. Save the outside dough to make an additional sheet.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour until firm enough to handle
- Preheat oven to 350.
- When the dough is ready, remove from wax paper and place on a cutting board.
- Spread on a thin layer of jam.
- Sprinkle on the sugar mixture and top with chopped walnuts and chopped fruit.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll in a crescent starting from the wide end and sprinkle the top of the rugelach with the cinnamon sugar before placing onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (tip end down)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet while still warm and cool on a baking rack.
- Enjoy! Makes about 4 dozen coooooookies.