Chocolate Chip Cookies With Flaky Sea Salt (Basic Betch Baking)
Level: Super Easy
- 1/2 cup butter softened ( I mean, duh!)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea Salt Flakes or smoked Sea Salt Flakes (OH YOU FANCY HUH)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugars until combined and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla to butter/sugar and continue to mix until fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and combine. Lick the spoon obviously…
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes in the fridge. Cookies have hard weeks too!
- Rollout 6-8 cookies. I like mine pretty damn big.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 8-12 minutes on PARCHMENT PAPER. Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown and super gooey in the middle.
- Top with generous pinches of salt
- Eat them while gooey and hot and of course post the gooeyness on Instagram. You love to see it.
Have your own tips or comments to share? Post them in the comments section below. Jk, the comments section is strictly for admiration only!