Level: Super Easy
- 2-4 ripe bananas, brown bananas work perfectly
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of room temperature butter (microwave for 15 seconds if you are impatient)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda (Yes, this is different than baking powder- God, Karen, you’re so stupid!)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
How TF To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until a smooth consistency.
- Add in 1 egg and vanilla, mix until combine
- Add in flour and mix until combine but don’t over mix
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar until fluffy until pale and fluffy.
- Add butter/sugar mix into the banana mixture with baking soda and combine.
- In a small bowl, cover the chocolate chips with a generous pinch of flour and toss. I feel like you want to skip this step. Don’t. It prevents the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- Add chocolate chips into the mixture and combine.
- Line loaf pan with cooking spray or butter to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Fill the loaf pan with the banana bread mixture
- Top with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 until cooked through.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and slice or eat with a fork straight out of the pan if you’re a savage like me.
- Enjoy and post on Instagram because did you really make banana bread if you didn’t post it on the gram?