Level: Barely Cooking
- 1 box of mac and cheese (I’m loyal to Annie’s Shells & Real Aged Cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- ¼ cup of your milk of choice
- ¾ cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese (cheese is always better when you grate it yourself, but I loathe cleaning, so I buy the bagged kind)
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
How TF To Make It
- Boil water in a large pot, add a few generous pinches of salt.
- Cook pasta for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use your measuring cup or mug to reserve about ¼ cup of pasta water right before you strain it. Set aside.
- Once strained, add pasta back to the pot and turn to low heat.
- Add butter and the cheese packet to the pot and stir until the butter is melted and the cheese is evenly distributed.
- Add a generous pinch (not all!!) of your shredded cheese, a splash of milk, and stir until combined.
- When the cheese is melted and stringy, add a splash of your reserved pasta water!
- Repeat the above step until you reach your desired cheesiness, obviously tasting as you go.
- Add parmesan to the pot and stir until combined.
- Serve it up in a mug. It just hits different in a mug.