Grilled Halloumi Caprese
Level: Barely Cooking
Serves 4 as an app!
- 1 package of Halloumi Cheese, usually 8.8 oz. (don’t be intimidated by halloumi cheese! They sell it at most grocery stores in the packaged cheese section)
- 2 large beautiful heirloom tomatoes
- Fresh ground Black pepper
- Gracious Eats Basil Oil
How The F To Make It
- Preheat outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan over medium-high heat/flame, about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the halloumi into approximately 1/4-1/3 inch slices.
- Once the grill is hot, place the halloumi on the grill. Flip each slice after about 3 minutes, or once golden brown grill marks appear. I like it crispy!
- Cut the tomatoes into the same thickness as the halloumi.
- Time to assemble! Lay your tomato slices down, followed by your grilled halloumi.
- Spoon over the basil oil and finish with some freshly ground black pepp!