Level: Super Easy
Makes about 4 sandwiches
- 1 pound good-quality bacon
- 2 large beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise or more if you love mayo
- Gracious Eats Basil Oil
- Ciabatta bread
- 4 pieces of large lettuce, like Boston, Bibb, or red leaf
How TF To Make Em
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place the bacon strips in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet tray. Bake the bacon until just crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. When the bacon is ready, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to 400°
- Slice your tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices and cut the ciabatta in half length-wise.
- Once the grill is hot, grill your bread and tomato slices. Place bread cut face down and cook for 3-5 minutes or until you have crispy edges, then flip. Grill the tomatoes until nicely charred about 1-2 minutes per side.
- To assemble, spread a layer of mayonnaise on the bread followed by the gracious eats basil oil.
- Then layer the tomatoes, bacon, and lettuce and top with the top piece of bread. Give it all a good press down!
- Lastly, slice the sandwich and serve!!