(makes 1 LARGE serving)
Level: Barely cooking
- ½ cup rolled oats or quick oats
- ½ cup baby carrots
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cooking spray
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 tablespoons Cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk of your choice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a ramekin or oven-safe pan with cooking spray.
- In a blender combine all the cake ingredients (except cooking spray) until smooth and well-blended, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared ramekin.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center, comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the frosting ingredients
- Once the cake has cooled, pour over that gorgeous frosting, add a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!!