Yes, we all watched Emily in Paris. And it has us asking A LOT of questions…
- Would Emily’s bot-like Instagram actually go Viral? No.
- Would a junior employee be sent across the globe to oversee a French office? No way!
- Is everyone in Paris ridiculously hot? Don’t think so.
- Who lets someone sit on their boyfriend’s lap for a long car ride? No one.
Yes, the show is ludicrous. But it is hard to resist! If you didn’t binge-watch it in one day, did you really even watch it? The biggest question the show has us asking is what did Gabriel put in that DAMN omelet!
I mean, come on? An omelet.
We put it to the test and came up with the perfect french-inspired omelet. Both silky and creamy, we can finally understand why Emily fell for his omelet so hard.
Enjoy our rendition of Gabriel’s sexy french omelet below.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, use fire french butter President
- 2 tablespoons of Boursin cheese
- Optional: thinly sliced chives for garnish
How TF To Make It
- In a medium bowl, crack and beat eggs with a whisk. Make sure the eggs are mixed very well!
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter, swirling over medium heat, until fully melted. Add eggs and cheese and stir rapidly with a silicone spatula. Break up eggs and scrape them from the bottom of the skillet as they form. Stop stirring as soon as eggs are very softly scrambled and creamy (but still loose enough to come together into a single mass), 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using the spatula, gently spread the egg in an even layer covering the skillet.
- Tilt skillet up by its handle, and, using the spatula, gently roll the omelet down over itself until it is nearly folded in half. Push the omelet to the edge of the skillet so that the lower edge of the egg begins to just barely overhang; use the spatula to fold the overhanging edge of the egg up, closing the omelet.
- Hold skillet right over a plate and turn omelet out onto it.
- Optional: Finish the plate with chopped chives
If everything goes to hell, just serve the eggs as scrambled eggs. They will still be delicious (and sexy).
Have your own tips or comments to share? Post them here. Jk, the comments section is strictly for compliments only!