For Pico De Gallo
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
For Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar chez
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 smashed avocado
- Sweet and spicy beef chili
- 3 sheets of matzah
How TF to Make Them!
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. This is your pico de gallo- set aside for assembling.
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir, 1 minute (use a whisk). Slowly whisk in milk, then continue to cook over medium, stirring constantly until thick, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese. Watch it turn into a gooey cheese sauce before your eyes! Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Now it’s time to assemble this bad boy! On a large cutting board place one sheet of matzah.
- Top with chili followed by cheese sauce, pico de gallo, and a few dollops of sour cream.
- On top place an additional sheet of matzah and repeat the layering 2x.
- On the top layer add the smashed avocado.
- Now, for the best part and grand reveal! Get a large knife or mezzaluna knife and cut the matzah squares in half and then in quarters to create chips!!