- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper (use 1 tsp or less if you like less spicy foods)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (secret ingredient)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 cup of vegetable stock or water (don’t fret about having stock or not)
- 1 (24oz) jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained, and rinsed. Get rid of the gross sh*t in the cans.
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained, and rinsed.
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans, drained, and rinsed.
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Miniature bags of Frito’s– I mean YUM
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream
- Pickled jalapenos
- Thinly sliced scallions if you are trying to impress
- Lime wedges
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the ground beef, onion, mushrooms, celery, and carrots.
- Cook and break up meat until the meat starts to brown. About 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Brown that shiz for 1-2 minutes!
- Add in 2 cups of vegetable stock or water, tomato sauce, three types of beans, brown sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the chili thickens for about 40 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chili while hot with cut open bags of Fritos to build your own mini chili Frito pie with toppings. SO YUM!
Have your own tips or comments to share? Post them in the comments section below. Jk, the comments section is strictly for compliments only!