Spicy Tuna Dip
Ingredients (serves 4 as an app)
- 1/2 pound of sushi-grade tuna
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 1-2 teaspoons of sriracha (depending on how spicy you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Wontons wrappers (for frying or already fried)
- Canola oil for frying
- Scallions for garnishing if yo feeling fanci (completely optional)
How TF To Make It!
- Cut the tuna into small chunks.
- Add mayo, sriracha, and sesame oil to tuna, stir to combine then set aside.
- Slice the wonton wrappers diagonally into triangles. You can stack them to do this quickly.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a pan with high sides or a Dutch oven (to prevent splattering). You want the oil to be around 360 degrees. If you want to test if the oil is hot, fry one strip.
- Fry the wonton strips in batches, spreading them out so they don’t stick. Remove with a slotted spoon when they turn golden brown. Watch them closely! They take about 20-30 seconds and can burn if you turn away for 1 second.
- Drain fried wontons on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Slice cucumber on a diagonal, good for dippin’
- Lastly, let’s assemble! In a small bowl serve up the tuna and top with scallions. Serve the tuna with your wonton chips and sliced cumbers!