Restaurant Style Rosemary Salmon
Level: Super Easy
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper generously on all sides.
- When the oil is screaming hot, add salmon skin side down (the skin should be touching the pan)
- Cook the salmon, without moving, until golden and crisp. Seriously, don’t touch or move it! Cook for 6-8 minutes to create really crispy skin and cook the salmon about 80% of the way through.
- Carefully flip the fillets and reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter and fresh Rosemary
- As the butter melts, tilt the pan away from you, and spoon the melted butter over the salmon.
- Continue spooning until done to your liking, 2 to 3 minutes more. This will help the middle of the salmon cook through and create a delicious rosemary infused salmon.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with lemon wedges!