(Makes 4 sandwiches)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of liquid from the pickle jar
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- Canola or peanut oil for frying
Paprika Honey Butter
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- 4 brioche buns toasted with butter
- Japanese mayo or full-fat mayo
How TF To Make Em
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, add the buttermilk, liquid from the pickle jar, hot sauce, and chicken thighs.
- Let the chicken marinate either on the kitchen counter for 2 hours or overnight in the fridge. If marinating overnight in the fridge, take the chicken out 2 hours before frying so it can come to room temp.
- In a wide bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dip each piece in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat 1 ½ inches of canola or peanut oil in a dutch oven or large pot to 350 degrees.
- Fry two pieces of chicken at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side until VERY VERY crispy. Once done place the chicken on a cooling rack and hit it with some salt asap. (Salt bae)
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, add the butter, honey, paprika, and cayenne. Whisk the mixture, bring it to a boil then lower to a simmer, and continuously whisk until combined.
- Add the butter to a wide dish and dip both sides of the crispayy chicken in it so it gets completed coated (YEAHHH)
- Get ready to assemble and drool!!!!
- Start with your toasted bun, add mayo (side to side) to the bottom bun, layer on the pickles, followed by the buttery chicken and your top bun. Oh, you can also layer on more buttah if you want!
- Now, just take a second to sit back and be impressed with yooo self & ENJOY!! Damn this sandwich is GOOD!!