Level: Super Easy
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of ground chicken breast
- ½ of a cup of Water chestnuts, medium dice chopped (they come in a can. buy them.)
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger. (I buy the frozen Dorot. Takes out the buying peeling and cutting work of ginger but you still get the fresh flavor. Sold at Whole Foods & TJ’s)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted Sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha (optional if you like it spiccyyyyy!)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 thinly sliced scallions.
- 1 Head of Bibb Lettuce for serving (lettuce that models on the side because it’s gorgeous)
- Steamed rice for serving
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha (optional) in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes more.
- Add ground chicken and cook until opaque and mostly cooked through. While cooking, break up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the sauce and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes more, until sauce reduces slightly and chicken is cooked through completely.
- Add in chopped chestnuts and thinly sliced scallions and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. The chestnuts should be heated through.
- Do a fancy plating with the Bibb Lettuce, steamed rice, topped with the chicken, and extra hoisin sauce for dipping. (Everybody loves dipping sauces)
Have your own tips or comments to share? Post them in the comments section below.