Level: Super Easy
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cups of chicken, veg stock, or water (use veg stock or water to make a vegetarian/vegan dish)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 perfectly ripe avocados
- Tortilla shells (I like the smaller street taco shells)
- Maldon or flakey sea salt for finishing
How TF to Make Em
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl combine the finely chopped red onions and juice of 2 limes. Set aside and let it pickle/marinate for at least 15 minutes, up to 1 hour to get rid of the red onion bite.
- In a large pot, add chopped onions over medium-low heat. Cook until onions are translucent. 5-10 minutes.
- Add in a clove of garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute
- Toss in washed black beans and stock.
- Cook down for 4-5 minutes
- Then mash the beans using a potato masher or a spatula. The mix will thicken up and become smoother.
- Toss in salt and pepper
- On a baking sheet place 4-6 tortillas and coat both sides of the tortillas with a thin layer of olive oil
- Bake the tortillas for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy
- Now let’s layer!! Grab a tostada (browned tortilla), spread a layer of beans on top, followed by a few slices of avocado, and lastly the limey red onions
- Hit that beauty with a pinch of flakey sea salt for a big FAT finish!