Benihana Style Fried Rice
Level: Super Easy
- 4 cups cooked extremely dry rice, I like to use leftover rice from a restaurant
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- Neutral oil like canola or grapeseed
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove eggs, and transfer to a separate plate.
- In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic, soy sauce, and lemon juice. VOILA -now you have garlic butter!
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and add onions
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the rice and let it start to fry. Cook, undisturbed, pressing down on rice with a spatula so it makes good contact with the pan until rice begins to crisp, about 4 minutes, and repeat.
- Add in garlic butter, frozen peas, scallions, and egg. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Keep frying the rice till it has the crispiness you want! I like mine extra crispy. Crispiness = deliciousness.
- Taste the rice and make sure the seasoning is correct and there is enough soy sauce. Adjust accordingly
- Serve it up, serve it up!