Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Cups
Level: Super Easy
- 1 small-medium head of cauliflower cut into florets *If you bought a larger head of cauliflower double the batter recipe
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
for the buffalo sauce
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 head of bibb lettuce for serving (lettuce that models on the side because it’s gorgeous)
- 1 ripe avocado thinly sliced
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
How to Make Em
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, water, garlic powder, paprika, baking powder salt, and pepper until the batter is smooth. If your cauliflower head is large, double these ingredients to make more batter.
- Add cauliflower florets to the batter and toss so the florets get coated in the batter.
- Spread cauliflower onto the prepped baking sheet in a single layer with space between them.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- In another small bowl, combine the hot sauce, melted butter, honey, and lemon juice. Whisk to combine. This is your fire buffalo sauce!
- Dump the baked cauliflower bites into the buffalo sauce to coat. Each cauliflower floret should be coated in buffalo sauce.
- Return to the oven and bake until brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Time to assemble these beaaauties! Lay down your gorgeous bibb lettuce leaves, pile up the buff cauliflower in each cup, add a few slices of your avocado, and lastly top with your ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- If you want you can top with a little extra buff sauce & enjoyyyy!!